Expanding Civic Capacity: Connecting learning to critical real-world issues through teacher preparation and faculty development.
The 2017 regional symposium will focus on use of SENCER in two sessions:
1. Using SENCER to Prepare STEM Teachers
2. Your Tenure-Track Career and SENCER
Presenters will be nationally known leaders in the SENCER community, which has recently been recognized as a Community of Transformation in higher education.
1. See and hear applications of SENCER methods to a variety of STEM content areas for teacher preparation
2. Learn practical ways of assessing SENCER courses
3. Gain expertise in teaching multidisciplinary topics
4. Acquire new strategies to use in meeting tenure-track career goals
5. Network with experienced SENCER faculty from other disciplines and institutions
Texas Woman's University facilitators include:
Karen Dunlap, Teacher Education
Rebecca Fredrickson, Teacher Education
Cynthia Maguire, Chemistry and Biochemistry
Nasrin Mirsaleh-Kohan, Chemistry and Biochemistry